By: Avneet Anand | CBO
Spices can have a plethora of health and medicinal benefits, so why do we not give our children food flavored with natural organic spices?
- Most pediatricians and baby food specialists agree that you can start adding spices to babies food once solids are introduced.
- Spices and herbs expose children’s palates to new tastes, which sets the stage for a lifetime of healthy, adventurous eating.
- Spices enhance flavor in food, this reduces the need for adding extra salt and sugar.
- Adding herbs and spices to children’s food has nutritional and health benefits.
- The addition of herbs and spices may encourage children to eat food they may normally be adversed to eating, such as veggies!